Monday, March 30, 2009

RSG Goes to Brooklyn

I know, I am horrible about posting here. But, I have been a bit busy.
In February I decided to move the gallery from Washington DC, to the DUMBO district of Brooklyn, NY. I know, crazy...but why not!

DUMBO is a wonderful place. It is establishing itself as a solid destintion for the photographic community with galleries, publishers, agencies and photo creatives all coming to work and play here. It is a great community, vibrant with a happening night life.. Accessible from NYC by train, car or walk within minutes.

In May, the NY PhotoFestival takes place in DUMBO and attracts some 30,000 people during the week long event. All the local galleries present amazing exhibitions and the festival invites 4 curators to put together a selection of talented photographic artists. There are also lectures and panel discussions that are not to be missed.

All this was a big draw to DUMBO. Mainly, I felt the gallery and the artists would thrive better in the NY environment and at this moment...a positive outlook and forward direction is essential to navigate our changing times.

I do hope you will come by and see the new space. We are located in the 111 Front Street Building on the corner of Front and Washington. Look for the orange door.

Best train to take is the F to York st. (first Brooklyn Stop) or the A, C to High Street. (first stop). When here, walk around the neighborhood, there are amazing shops and places to eat and several great watering holes (I like reBar).

Here is a pic of the space....See you soon!!!


No comments: